Everything You Need to Know About Visiting Dubai Safari Park
Dubai is a city known for its many man-made wonders. One among them is the Dubai Safari Park that scales over an area of 119 hectares. This nature park houses over 2,500 varieties of animals, ranging from deer to moon bears. To make the most of your time here, you need to plan ahead. From park timings to facilities, here's everything you need to know to plan your visit to Dubai Safari Park.
Dubai Safari Park Timings
Every day: 9 AM to 5 PM
Last Entry at Main Gate: 3:30 PM
Last Bus for Safari Journey: 4:30 PM
Note: Opening hours are subject to change depending on special shows and weather conditions.
- How long does it take to tour Dubai Safari Park?
Covering all the villages takes you at least 4-5 hours or about half a day. So, we recommend that you set aside a day to cover the park comfortably, along with traveling to and from the park as well.
- What is the best time to visit Dubai Safari Park?
The best time to visit Dubai Safari Park is from November to March as, during these months, the weather is cool enough for you to explore the place comfortably. This is also the perfect time to watch the animals.
Dubai Safari Park Location
Address: Dubai Safari Park, 5CCW+H5 - Al Warqa 5 - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
When it comes to wildlife, Dubai Safari Park is the most popular attraction in the city and has more than 3000 types of flora and fauna within its walls. Located near the outskirts of Dubai, the best way to get to the park is to drive up to the location.
Dubai Safari Park is also connected by public transport. However, you may still need to get a taxi to cover the final few kilometers to the park.
How to Reach Dubai Safari Park
The most convenient way to reach Dubai Safari Park is to go by car. There is free car parking available for almost 3000 cars at Dubai Safari Park.Get Directions to Dubai Safari Park
The nearest metro station to Dubai Safari Park is Rashidiya metro station. You can get down here and take a cab the rest of the way.
Cabs are available in Dubai 24/7 and work on controlled meters. You can get more details on cabs on the RTA website.
This is the cheapest way to get to Dubai Safari Park if you're on a budget. The nearest bus stop is at Dragon Mart, from where you will have to get a cab to the park.
Interactive Experiences & Activities
Dubai Safari Park might be an animal sanctuary and a wildlife reserve, but it places a lot of importance on educating its visitors. And for this very reason, they host many interactive sessions and activities, especially for children. Here's a list of activities you and your children can take part in.
- Giraffe Feeding
- Kids Farm
- Kids Interactive Activities
- Grand Aviary
- The Bird Show
- Amazing Creatures of the World Show
- Birds of Prey Show
How to Visit Dubai Safari Park?
Dubai Safari Park is a ticket attraction. This means that you will need to buy a ticket to visit this place. As visiting the park takes at least half a day, we suggest that you set aside one day to travel to the park and savor your time with the animals.
Dubai Safari Park attracts thousands of customers every day and can be quite crowded with long lines at the entrance. We recommend booking your online tickets in advance so that you can head straight to the entrance to redeem your tickets. You can simply show your tickets on your mobile to gain entry.
Know Before You Go
Dubai Safari Park is an extremely popular attraction in the city. Thousands of visitors come to the park every day and it’s quite possible to be stuck in long lines at the entrance if you don’t book your tickets in advance. With a pre-booked ticket, you can confirm your slot at the park and head straight to the entrance to redeem your ticket. Some facilities in the park may also be unavailable when you buy your ticket at the entrance. So, make sure to book your online tickets in advance to make the best of your visit to Dubai Safari Park.Book Your Dubai Safari Park Tickets
Dubai Safari Park is spread on a vast 119 hectare land with different zones. To make sure that you know where you are at any point, it is better that you have the park map with you. You can easily download the Dubai Safari Park map onto your phone so that you’re aware of all the facilities available nearby you. You can also approach the park staff at any point to help you with any of your needs.Get Dubai Safari Park Map
Discounted Tickets: People of Determination (people with disabilities) along with two companions can enter the park for free. Make sure to carry your SANAD Card to get your free entry.
Wheelchair Accessibility: The entire Dubai Safari Park is fully equipped to be accessed by wheelchair. You can avail wheelchairs at the guest service counter upon request. All the park transportation, i.e. the buses, train and taxi are all wheelchair accessible. There are also wheelchair accessible toilets available on the premises.
- Locker: There are no locker facilities available at the park. However, you can speak to the staff at the entrance and they will make sure to keep your belongings safe while you’re inside the park.
- Prayer Rooms: Prayer rooms are available at the Main Building, the African Village, the Explorer Village and the Asian Village. Approach the staff to guide you to these rooms.
- Wifi: You can avail free wifi during your visit in the park. You can get the name and password for the wifi network at the entrance.
There are two souvenir shops available inside Dubai Safari Park as well.
Zwadi Shop: Located in the African Village
Soko: Located in the Main Building
Each of these shops have a range of products, including plush animals, toys, gifts, and much more, to immortalize your memories at Dubai Safari Park.
Dubai Safari Park has 4 main restaurants and also other food trucks and kiosks available throughout the park to keep you well fed throughout your visit.
La Marquise: A Lebanese restaurant located at the Main Entrance that serves a delectable range of Continental and Arabic dishes, along with some of the best Shawarma in town.
Bait Al Qadeem: Located near the Chimpanzee House serves a variety of local Arabic and famous Persian dishes. The menu also represents the different communities in Dubai.
Oregano: This casual dining Italian restaurant is situated in the African Village Plaza and serves dishes drawing inspiration from the traditional Ligurian cuisine. A perfect place for a relaxing family lunch amidst nature.
Local House: This restaurant stays true to its Mediterranean roots and has an exquisite collection of dishes that have been handed down over generations. It is located near the Explorer Village.
Most hotels are situated near Downtown Dubai and you will have to travel to Dubai Safari Park from here.
Budget Hotels: West Hotel, Signature Inn Deira, Panorama Deira Hotel
Mid-Range Hotels: Premier Inn Dubai Dragon Mart Hotel, FORM Hotel Dubai, a member of Design Hotels, Majestic City Retreat Hotel
Luxury Hotels: DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai - Business Bay, Ramada by Wyndham Downtown Dubai, Bulgari Hotel & Resorts, Dubai
Dubai is a hub of many tourist attractions. Here are some other places in Dubai you should definitely check out.
Burj Khalifa: Your trip to Dubai will most certainly be incomplete if you don’t visit the tallest building in the world. Book your Burj Khalifa tickets to marvel at its wonderful magnificence.
Miracle Garden: Located in the heart of Dubai, Miracle Garden is the world’s largest natural flower garden. With more than 50 million flowers, this is one of the most visited attractions in the city.
Dhow Cruise: The best out-of-the-ordinary way to explore the city is to take a Dhow cruise in Dubai. With multiple cruise options, you can relax, indulge in delectable cuisines, and enjoy live entertainment as you explore Dubai waters.
Other Visitor Facilities
First Aid: There is an in-house paramedics team available to assist you with any injuries or emergencies during the park operation hours.
Lost & Found: If you lose any of your belongings in the park, you can approach the staff or the main building to help you.
Baby Changing Rooms: There are baby changing rooms available in all the villages in the park.
Souvenir Photos: There are photographers available within the park who will click amazing pictures for remembrance as you interact with the animals. You can pick up your photos from the Main Building Souvenir Photos counter.
Information Kiosk: In case you need any assistance, you can approach the staff at the entrance to help you with tips, information and directions.
Kids Ride: You can avail mini cars for your children at the African Village and the Explorer Village for your children to enjoy.
Dubai Safari Park Regulations
- For health and safety, visitors are subject to screening at the entrance.
- The park suggests that visitors wear comfortable and modest clothing. Your shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Visitors are expected to respect the animals and park regulations. Unless you are on feeding grounds, you are not permitted to feed or tease the animals. Do not litter.
- Scooters, bicycles, roller skates and skateboards are not allowed inside the park.
- Balloons, balls, toy guns and flash photography are prohibited as they may cause stress to the animals within.
- Smoking is permitted only in the designated smoking areas.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the park. You can avail snacks or food at one of the 7 restaurants or cafes within the park. Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Pets are not permitted inside the park.
- Drones are prohibited.
- Minors must always be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Follow the staff instructions at all times and avoid venturing into prohibited areas for your own safety.
- Pre-book your tickets online as some upgrades are not available offline. If you want to avail train service or Super Taxi, you can only book them online.
- Make sure that you have a copy of the park map to know your way around and plan your visit.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes as you will have to walk quite a bit around the park.
- Make sure to apply sunscreen and carry sunglasses and hats to keep yourself protected from the sun. We also recommend carrying an umbrella if it’s too sunny or raining.
- Drink plenty of fluids and keep yourself hydrated during your visit in the park.
- Only UAE Dirhams are accepted as currency within the park. There are no ATMs available inside the park so make sure to carry sufficient liquid cash.